Updated April 23rd, 2020.
On May 7, 2020, Autodesk is launching new subscription plans that are based on people and retiring plans based on serial numbers. These plans are designed for named users and provide a range of administrative, support, and reporting capabilities for businesses of every size.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding Autodesk Transition to Named User. You can also read more about the changes at Autodesk’s Transition to named user page. Make sure to watch the video below on the upcoming changes and its benefits.
Important Customer Benefits
Customers often share their concerns over the time and resources needed to manage multiple deployment types. The new plans for named users will provide benefits, including:
- New ways to optimize your licensing costs, by having visibility into your usage data
- No need to manage your own license servers or track an anonymous serial number again
- Dedicated access for all employees who need it. No more downtime waiting for licenses
- Tailor support and learning content to employees based on insights
These new plans for named users will replace those based on serial numbers:
- Subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on May 7, 2021 (update: August 7, 2022) and cannot be further renewed.
- Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
- As part of retiring maintenance, the last version of the Design & Creation Suites was released in April 2020, and the last date to renew Suites was April 16, 2020.
- Starting February 29, 2020, Autodesk will no longer sell new 2 or 3-year subscriptions with multi-user access or allow renewals. Starting May 7, 2020 (update: August 7, 2020), Autodesk will no longer sell new annual subscriptions with multi-user access.
For current standalone maintenance plan customers:
For standalone maintenance, at your next renewal before May 7, 2021*, you can trade in one seat for one subscription at a cost consistent with what you pay today*.
For network maintenance plan customers
At your next renewal before August 7, 2023, trade in one seat for two subscriptions (for one named user each) at a cost consistent with what you pay today*. Subscriptions with network maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021, and cannot be further renewed.
For multi-user subscribers:
At your next renewal before August 7, 2023, trade in one subscription for two subscriptions (for one named user each) at a cost consistent with what you pay today*. Subscriptions with multi-user plans will retire on August 7, 2022 and cannot be further renewed.
For Design & Creation Suites customers:
Design & Creation Suites retired in April 2020 are no longer able to be renewed. If you own a Design & Creation Suite, you can contact your reseller or Autodesk to learn more about your options to upgrade to an industry collection through one of the trade-in offers above.
Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on August 7, 2022 and cannot be further renewed.
*Current maintenance prices will experience a 20% price increase on renewals after August 7, 2020.